If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well...maybe a pan, but pea shoots, garden peas and sugar snaps all meet with pasta and parmesan. And what better than mint with peas? —inpatskitchen
Serves: 4 to 6
ounces dry linguini
Enough chicken or vegetable broth to cook the linguini
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon crushed red pepper
large cloves garlic, minced
cups young pea shoots, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
pound sugar snap peas
cups shelled garden peas
10 to 15
torn fresh mint leaves
1/2 to 1 cup grated parmesan
Parmesan shavings for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the linguini in the broth, reserving 2 cups of the broth.
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic and crushed red pepper gently in the olive oil until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the sugar snaps and then the pea shoots and peas and saute until the pea shoots just begin to wilt.
- Add the pasta and about one cup of the reserved broth and toss.
- Stir in the mint and parmesan and more broth if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with the parmesan shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe