Author Notes: Well...maybe a pan, but pea shoots, garden peas and sugar snaps all meet with pasta and parmesan. And what better than mint with peas? —inpatskitchen
Serves: 4 to 6
ounces dry linguini
Enough chicken or vegetable broth to cook the linguini
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon crushed red pepper
large cloves garlic, minced
cups young pea shoots, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
pound sugar snap peas
cups shelled garden peas
10 to 15
torn fresh mint leaves
1/2 to 1 cup grated parmesan
Parmesan shavings for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the linguini in the broth, reserving 2 cups of the broth.
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic and crushed red pepper gently in the olive oil until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the sugar snaps and then the pea shoots and peas and saute until the pea shoots just begin to wilt.
- Add the pasta and about one cup of the reserved broth and toss.
- Stir in the mint and parmesan and more broth if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with the parmesan shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe