Author Notes: I shave almost all vegetables, I have no idea why but I love the pasta like consistency and twirling them onto my fork. Shaving asparagus is equal to peeling garlic or shrimp or husking corn in my mind as far as tedious kitchen chores are concerned but hang in there, it’s worth it. Obviously, larger asparagus produce a better result.
—Summer of Eggplant
asparagus, ends trimmed and shaved
ounces parmesan, shaved
tablespoon olive oil
tablespoons parsley, chopped
salt & pepper
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and shave it with a vegetable peeler.
- Shave parmesan with a vegetable peeler in to ribbons.
- Heat oil in a pan add asparagus, saute for a minute and add in 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 parsley, salt and pepper.
- Saute for another minute, remove from heat and toss with cheese and dress with remaining lemon juice and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe