Author Notes: I was in a jam late Sunday afternoon and needed appetizers in a hurry. These just popped into my dome. And then into my mouth! This recipe is not exact in measurements, but the next time I make it I'll edit. —Sadassa_Ulna
Makes: 32 or so
loaf cocktail pumpernickel (or regular size and cut into smaller shapes)
ounces cream cheese
small white onion
couple sprigs tarragon
salt to taste
- Peel and grate the onion over a small bowl; press grated onion through a sieve to capture the juice.
- In a medium bowl mash cream cheese with about 2 tablespoons onion juice. Add salt and chopped tarragon to taste.
- Toast the pumpernickel shapes until toasted but still a little chewy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on toasts. Top with thin slices of peeled cucumber.
- Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with a little more tarragon.