If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I watch cooking shows with the best chefs and all their creative ideas, I get inspired to try some new things. I have seen sushi rolls made with vegetables and fruits but the technique for rolling looked to me complicated.
After doing some thinking, I decided to make Sashimi with fruit for dessert.
I adjusted a recipe for Rice Pudding and made a dipping sauce.
My family played the role of judges and the dish got high marks.
Next time I will try to use mango or figs.
• 8 fresh apricots, quickly blenched and peeled
• 2 cups sushi rice
• 3 cups milk, 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 sheets Norrie
• 4 tablespoons Apricot Jam
Orange Dipping Sauce:
• 1 medium thin-skinned navel orange thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 7 tablespoons Blue Agave Syrup
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon water
• Pinch of salt
- Apricot Sashimi: In a sauce pan bring milk to a simmer, add rice and cook until the rice is soft but not mushy. Mix in sugar, vanilla, cool to room temperature.
- Cut the Norrie sheets in 1/3-inch ribbons. Wet your hands and form the cooled rice into oval shaped canals, chill before ready to assemble.
- In a small pan, warm apricot jam, then strain and discard the pieces of apricots. Use a pastry brush to smear the top of rice canals with the warm jam. Place 1/2 of an apricot on top and tie with a Norrie ribbon.
- Orange Dipping Sauce: In a small pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add orange slices and stir-fry for 30-40 seconds. Add orange juice, Agave Syrup, lemon juice and salt, then let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with water, pour into sauce and cook. Stir until sauce bubbles and thickens slightly. Strain and pour into a serving dish, serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe