Author Notes: Every now and then someone declares that The End of the World is about to happen and I take it as an opportunity to bake a pie. You know, just in case…
So on the eve of the possible End of the World the two of us ate a whole take-out pizza, half of a cherry pie and many of these Whiskey Sours.
The End of the World didn’t happen, of course, but we still had a great time.
You know, just in case…
parts Jim Beam White, or whatever you prefer
Juice of 1 lemon, or more or less depending on size or taste
2-3 shaved curls of jaggery (or ½-1 teaspoon of evaporated cane juice, again, to taste)
ice, both for shaking and for the glass
lemon peel to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the Jim Beam, lemon juice, and jaggery and shake it like it’s the End of the World.
- Add some ice to your favorite glasses and strain this into them.
- Garnish with a lemon peel, and drink with abandon. You know, just in case…
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail