If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This little frittata travels well and is best warm or at room temperature. Cut in small pieces to serve as a snack, breakfast or in wedges as a main. —inpatskitchen
Makes one 10 inch pie
- 4 ounces dry linguini or spaghetti, broken up and cooked according to package directions, then drained and cooled
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, wilted and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 Kalamata olives, halved
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a saute pan, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about one minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, olives, cooked pasta, tomato sauce, cheese and eggs.
- Pour the mixture into a 10 inch oven proof non-stick saute pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook the mixture using a spatula to lift the edges a little as you cook. Cook until the bottom is set.
- Transfer the pan to a 425F oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until top is set.
- Remove pan from the oven and with a spatula loosen the bottom of the pie and transfer to a plate to cool. Cut in wedges or small pieces to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish