If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using raw asparagus in this salad showcases the flavor of the vegetable in a whole new way. —shearpamela
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 pound asparagus, rinsed (green or white asparagus, or a combination would be beautiful)
- 1 lemon, halved
- olive oil
- sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- Lay asparagus flat on a surface, and using the tough end as a handle, shave off thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Throw away the tough ends that remain.
- Place the asparagus onto a platter and squeeze lemon juice and drizzle olive oil to taste. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss on a few toasted pine nuts.
- Shave parmesan onto the salad and serve immediately. (I do this ahead so it is ready to go when the lemon and olive oil step is done)
- Note: For best results do not add the lemon and olive oil until the very last second or the asparagus will start to soften and wilt - although still delicious!
- Optional: A small clove of fresh minced garlic steeped in the olive oil prior to using is a nice fragrant addition to this salad for the garlic lovers in the house!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw