If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hello refreshing summery drink. This bevy has all the flavors of summer I love so dearly. Cucumber, Mint, Basil. Can you really go wrong?
Make sure you have a batch of this simple syrup on hand for the weekend. Great for those not drinking alcohol though if you are it's a fun summery syrup to add to your drinks for that hit of freshness.
Recipe thanks to Bon Appetit
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 24 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 12 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 liter soda water
- To make your simple syrup put the water and sugar together in a saucepan and heat on medium until sugar dissolves. Let it boil and then remove from the heat.
- Add cucumber slices, mint, and basil. Let steep for 30 minutes then strain into a jar, pressing on the solids.
- When you're ready to serve fill a 12 ounce glass with ice. Add 2 tablespoons syrup and top with about 1/2 cup soda. Stir to combine and garnish with cucumber and mint.