Author Notes: I was so excited to see this on the challenge lineup. Brussels sprouts are my boyfriend's favorite vegetable, and I used to get so tired of cooking them. But finally, I took it as a challenge - and this is one of my favorite results. It's fast, easy, and tasty. —Erin McDowell
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns, crushed (or more as needed)
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the brussels sprouts and stir fry until they begin to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the vinegar, soy, and peppercorns. Toss to coat, and continue to stir fry until the mixture is well combined, about 2 minutes more. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts