Author Notes: my friend popped round a fortnight past, unexpected, and wholly ravenous beside. there is no ambiguity that her state was by design. i made her this salad.
have a look. —fo
4 slices parma ham, you know, prosciutto
two poofs of mizuna
a bit of honey
a fistful of pinenuts
a cup of not so expensive balsamic vin
and olive oil, to be sure
wood sorrel, its a weed, there are clusters of the stuff in your lawn
- first, get the balsamic vinegar in a pot. nothing too fancy or expensive, yeah? just your run of the mill. over medium heat, reduce down to a glaze that will cover the back of a spoon. set aside.
- quarter the apricots, then drizzle with honey, and give a light toss. get them under the broiler, and keep a watchful eye. click on pic 5 to see what they look like successfully roasted. set aside
- while the apricots are roasting, toast your pine nuts till tan. about 7 minutes ought to do the trick.
- mizuna. in a bowl. toss with a bit of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper if you please.
- artfully plate like this: lay down the parma ham, all devil-may-care-like. now on with the mizuna greens. sprinkle with nuts, arrange the fruit, and drizzle the mess with the vinegar like j. pollock would, mindful not to overindulge. this glaze packs a powerful bite. be sure to shower with some of the sorrel, it's such a whimsical green! Et voila! Muzuna, les abricots et jamb de cochon!