If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my friend popped round a fortnight past, unexpected, and wholly ravenous beside. there is no ambiguity that her state was by design. i made her this salad.
have a look. —fo
4 slices parma ham, you know, prosciutto
two poofs of mizuna
a bit of honey
a fistful of pinenuts
a cup of not so expensive balsamic vin
and olive oil, to be sure
wood sorrel, its a weed, there are clusters of the stuff in your lawn
- first, get the balsamic vinegar in a pot. nothing too fancy or expensive, yeah? just your run of the mill. over medium heat, reduce down to a glaze that will cover the back of a spoon. set aside.
- quarter the apricots, then drizzle with honey, and give a light toss. get them under the broiler, and keep a watchful eye. click on pic 5 to see what they look like successfully roasted. set aside
- while the apricots are roasting, toast your pine nuts till tan. about 7 minutes ought to do the trick.
- mizuna. in a bowl. toss with a bit of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper if you please.
- artfully plate like this: lay down the parma ham, all devil-may-care-like. now on with the mizuna greens. sprinkle with nuts, arrange the fruit, and drizzle the mess with the vinegar like j. pollock would, mindful not to overindulge. this glaze packs a powerful bite. be sure to shower with some of the sorrel, it's such a whimsical green! Et voila! Muzuna, les abricots et jamb de cochon!