If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza is delicious! Holy cow it is good! I could have eaten the entire pizza but I was well behaved and controlled myself. All I've gotta say is, "YUM!"
*This recipe was adapted from the Bon Appetite Cookbook* —TheGirlyGirlCooks
For the Pizza Dough
- 1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon dry active Yeast
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Mix flour and salt in your stand mixer or food processor. Pour the warm water into a small bowl and sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir to combine. Let the yeast stand for 10 minutes until it dissolves. Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl of flour. Add honey and olive oil. Mix and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and then turn it off. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the warm oven for 1 hour. Set on the countertop and let it continue to slowly rise until you need it.
For the Pizza Topping
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 large roasted Red Bell Pepper from a jar, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 thin slices of Prosciuto, sliced crosswise into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat 2 tbsp of Olive Oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until golden brown (about 15-20 minutes). Add Balsamic Vinegar and Worcestershire Sauce. Reduce the heat to medium-low until the liquid evaporates (about 4 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute until garlic is just barely brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic and reserve it in a small dish. Pour the garlic infused oil into a seperate bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees (F) and position the rack on the lower third section. Roll out dough into a 12 inch diameter on a floured surface. Brush 1 tbsp of the garlic infused oil on the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch plain border. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the oil, then the reserved garlic, balsamic onions and the roasted red peppers. Sprinkle evenly 3 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 6 minutes and then rotate the pizza pan and bake for 6 more minutes until the crust is golden brown. Arrange the prosciutto on top of the pizza and bake for 1 minute more to warm the prosciutto. Remove the pizza from the oven onto a cutting board, sprinkle with thyme and drizzle the rest of the garlic olive oil and about 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar over top the pizza. Cut into 8 equal slices.