Author Notes: These kinds of salads are quick and easy, so I make them often with a large variety of deferent lettuces, fruit and berries and all kinds of dressings.
Some times I add nuts or pumpkin seeds.
For the Vinaigrette:
- • 12ounces unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- • 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- • 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- • 1 head butter lettuce, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- • 1 head radicchio, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- • 1/2 red onion thinly sliced (optional)
- • 2 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- • 2 white peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- • 1 orange, peeled, sliced crosswise into rounds
- • 3 kiwis, peeled, sliced crosswise into rounds
- • 1pint fresh raspberries
- • 1 cup homemade small croutons, sautéed in olive oil and butter (optional)
- Place the raspberries, in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and strain to a small bowl, pressing with a robber spatula or wooden spoon. Add olive oil, lemon juice, honey and whisk until emulsified.
- In a large salad bowl, toss all the ingredients for the salad, except kiwi and raspberries. Just before serving, add the vinaigrette and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Arrange kiwi rounds and raspberries on top of the salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries