If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made up this drink one evening. The next day I was talking about it at work. First thing in the morning, I turned the faucet on in the soiled utility in preparation for the day of doing procedures, and accidentally left the faucet going for about an hour - effectively overflowing the soiled utility room and into the procedure room. I was teased that the drink I'd made the night before was the culprit, but I'm fairly certain that it was that I forgot about the water and not any lingering after effects from the drink!
I went with ingredients I had in the fridge and around the kitchen... tweaked it a little here and there and voila! For a sweeter drink, add a little more simple syrup. —kinepeli
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Pink Grapefruit
- 8 ounces POM Wonderful juice
- 2 ounces Simple Syrup
- 2-3 ounces Bacardi O (orange rum)
- Juice the lemons and the grapefruit into a container with measurements on the side. Use a strainer to catch seeds. (It's personal preference as to how much pulp is included in the juice.)
- Add the POM Wonderful and simple syrup to the juice.
- Put ice cubes in a shaker and add the desired amount of rum.
- Pour 4 ounces of the juice mixture into the shaker. Shake vigorously at least 15 times.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail