Author Notes: I made up this drink one evening. The next day I was talking about it at work. First thing in the morning, I turned the faucet on in the soiled utility in preparation for the day of doing procedures, and accidentally left the faucet going for about an hour - effectively overflowing the soiled utility room and into the procedure room. I was teased that the drink I'd made the night before was the culprit, but I'm fairly certain that it was that I forgot about the water and not any lingering after effects from the drink!
I went with ingredients I had in the fridge and around the kitchen... tweaked it a little here and there and voila! For a sweeter drink, add a little more simple syrup. —kinepeli
ounces POM Wonderful juice
ounces Simple Syrup
ounces Bacardi O (orange rum)
- Juice the lemons and the grapefruit into a container with measurements on the side. Use a strainer to catch seeds. (It's personal preference as to how much pulp is included in the juice.)
- Add the POM Wonderful and simple syrup to the juice.
- Put ice cubes in a shaker and add the desired amount of rum.
- Pour 4 ounces of the juice mixture into the shaker. Shake vigorously at least 15 times.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail