Author Notes: I threw this together for our 4th of July barbecue and it disappeared fast. The lavender/lemon combination is super refreshing on a hot day. - muddybootskitchen —muddybootskitchen
Food52 Review: I confess to being a lover of lavender. It's floral and herbal fragrance and flavor are intoxicating. With this recipe, Muddybootskitchen has expertly combined lavender lemonade into a light and refreshing cocktail. The lavender and lemon are in good balance, and the light effervescence really makes it sing. Make sure to chose (or make) a tart lemonade, or it could be a bit too sweet. You can tailor the amount of vodka to your liking, or could simply enjoy this as a lovely non-alcoholic summer thirst quencher. - hardlikearmour —hardlikearmour
Makes: 1 gallon of deliciousness
tablespoon dried lavender blossoms
liter club soda
- Make the lavender simple syrup. Bring the lavender, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer a few minutes or until sugar dissolves and let cool.
- In a gallon-size pitcher, stir together lemonade, club soda, vodka. Strain lavender simple syrup directly into the pitcher and stir a few times more.
- Serve in a large glass over ice
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail