Author Notes: Moscow Mules are our “go-to” cocktails when we want something beyond wine or beer. Here, I give it a summer twist with the addition of raspberries and lime basil.
You may substitute 2 tablespoons of lime juice for the basil if you don't have any lime basil. —SavvyJulie
cup fresh red raspberries
cup lime basil leaves
cups ginger ale
- With a mortar and pestle, grind the raspberries and lime basil together until the leaves are completely crushed.
- Transfer the raspberries to a large Mason jar or pitcher, and cover with the vodka and ginger ale.
- Cover and shake (or stir), then refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a fine sieve or piece of cheesecloth, strain the liquid, pressing on the solids with a wooden spoon to squeeze out the juice. Discard the solids.
- Serve the Raspberry Mules over ice, garnished with more lime basil or a lime wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail