If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipes comes from The Wednesday Chef via Melissa Roberts and is the perfect summer accompaniment to any number of dishes- salads, burgers, tacos, or fish.
They're light and refreshing, and not in the least salty. I could easily eat 6 in a sitting. —driftingkitchen
Makes: 1 jar
tablespoons Rice Vinegar (not flavored)
- Quarter the Radishes
- Cut the Carrots into long, thin strips
- Place carrots and radishes in a bowl
- Pour 1 tsp of salt over the carrots and radishes.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes to release waters.
- Meanwhile, slice the ginger into matchsticks.
- After 30 minutes, drain the radishes and carrots. DON'T RINSE!
- Place back in the bowl and add the ginger.
- Heat the rice vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour over the carrots, radishes and ginger.
- Let chill for a few hours in the fridge, then serve.