Author Notes: This recipes comes from The Wednesday Chef via Melissa Roberts and is the perfect summer accompaniment to any number of dishes- salads, burgers, tacos, or fish.
They're light and refreshing, and not in the least salty. I could easily eat 6 in a sitting. —driftingkitchen
Makes: 1 jar
tablespoons Rice Vinegar (not flavored)
- Quarter the Radishes
- Cut the Carrots into long, thin strips
- Place carrots and radishes in a bowl
- Pour 1 tsp of salt over the carrots and radishes.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes to release waters.
- Meanwhile, slice the ginger into matchsticks.
- After 30 minutes, drain the radishes and carrots. DON'T RINSE!
- Place back in the bowl and add the ginger.
- Heat the rice vinegar and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour over the carrots, radishes and ginger.
- Let chill for a few hours in the fridge, then serve.