Author Notes: This recipe came about from an abundance of jalapenos and lack of much else in the fridge. Sometimes accidental discoveries produce great things! Simplicity at its best. I have used other meats such as cooked sausage or finely chopped ham, but bacon rules. —mbass913
jalapenos, halved longway and seeded
ounces shredded mozarella
cup bacon bits
ounces shredded cheddar
tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use easy release foil.
- Arrange pepper halves cut side up on cookie sheet.
- Prebake peppers for 15 minutes at 350, then remove from oven.
- Sprinkle each ingredient into the pepper halves in the order given and return to oven to melt for about 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe