Author Notes: I concocted this recipe in my pursuit to create a healthy yet tongue-smackingly tasty recipe. This dish is the opposite of plain and bland!
The best part is the stuffing which makes it a complete, nutritious and wholesome meal. —Binte's Kitchen
- 200 g, mince chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 small green chillis, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 12 large green peppers
- 1/4 cup grated mozarella
- 2 tablespoons oil for drizzling in the end
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin and fry for a few seconds before adding mince chicken
- Cook chicken till the water is almost dry, then add all the spices
- Mix well and cook for another 5 mins so the flavors can blend well. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for 15 mins
- Turn on the oven now to 250C gas mark
- While the mixture is cooling, take 12 large green peppers, cut a slit in the middle with a knife and de-seed.
- With your fingers, rub olive oil on the peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with chicken mixture (be careful not to overstuff)
- Place the peppers on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-15 mins max, or till mozzarella melts.
- * Be careful not to overcook the peppers or else they will become too soft
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe