Author Notes: after receiving lots of jalapenos from a friends garden, we tried them in one of our favorite eggplant preparations...
this dish is wonderful at room temp, tossed into salads, served with a piece of fish or a lamb chop...even served with some fresh mozzarella alongside. —Carole Magness
pounds sliced eggplant, any kind
cup olive oil
medium jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
garlic cloves, chopped fine
cup thinly sliced mint mint leaves
salt and pepper to taste
tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- Toss eggplant with a good pinch of salt, pepper, and the olive oil
- spread on a sheet pan; parchment lined is best; place in a 400 degree oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender, but not mushy
- Combine, pepper, garlic ,capers and mint
- Cool eggplant, layer with marinade, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and let sit in a cool place a few hours. A nice dish in summer..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe