If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a Huge summer favorite at every cookout. This salad is a great way to support your local farmer during the summer season. —The Tall Guy & The Handsome Guy
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 pound Orzo
- 2 Lemons 1 zested and 2 Juiced
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Ears of Grilled Corn cut off the cob
- 3 cups Baby Arugla
- 1 1/2 cups Hand Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Kosher salt & Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and the box of Orzo pasta. Cook until al dente (about 7 min). Srain the pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Allow the pasta to cool in a large bowl. Add these ingredients to the Orzo in the following order. Arugula Hot Grilled Corn (The hot corn on the arugula is to wilt the arugula just a bit) Feta Cheese Olive Oil Lemon Juice and Zest Salt & Pepper Toss the cold pasta with all of these ingredients to coat evenly.
- Corn Grilling Tip Peel the corn husks back without removing them and LEAVE the silk on. This will give the corn a nice Smokey flavor. Rinse the corn thoroughly. Replace the husks and secure them with a piece of the husk. Soak the cobs in water for 1 hour. Pull the husks back again and dry the corn. Brush butter on the cob and add salt and pepper. Replace the husks and place them on the grill for about 30 minutes rotating them periodically as the husk turns from green to brown. The moist husks will steam the corn and keep the corn from burning. Cut off the cob immediately and add on top of the arugula.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob