If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the exception of cheese, you couldn't get me to touch any of these ingredients growing up in Texas. Well, maybe pecans if they were sugar coated in pie. Now that I live 'up north' I look forward to the changing seasons and even these funky little cabbages. Works as a vegetarian entree or vegan side if you omit the cheddar. Enjoy! —Jacque
tablespoon olive oil
cups baby brussels sprouts
cup pecans, coarsely chopped
sprigs or leaves of fresh sage
shredded sharp cheddar
salt & pepper to taste
balsamic reduction (optional)
- Heat olive oil and butter until browned but not smoking.
- Clean brussels sprouts then cut stems and remove outer leaves. Toss in pan to coat.
- After 2-3 minutes, add torn sage and pecans.
- Wash then cut the figs into 1/8 pieces. Once the sprouts start to crisp (6-8 minutes), place figs flesh side down to caramelize.
- Stir ingredients occasionally for another minute then place in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and top with sharp cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction (optional)
- Dig in and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts