If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe is vietnamese inspired...bits of protein scattered among fresh sweet and barely altered corn —christy
Serves: 4-6 as a side dish
ears of corn
green onions--finely chopped
red bell pepper--finely chopped
ounces cooked pork belly*
tablespoons fish sauce
teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
teaspoons cider vinegar
teaspoon white pepper
- steam corn until just tender, do not over cook. allow to cool and remove the kernels from the cob, careful to collect all juice.
- slice the already cooked pork belly into 1/4" slices, then slice 1/4" crosswise to make baton like pieces. pan fry until crispy. set aside.
- place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- before serving, toss in the pork belly. if preparing this in advance, and storing the pork belly in the refrigerator, heat the pork belly a bit to remove the chill a bit, before adding to the corn salad.
- *prepare your pork belly as you would like. for this dish, i marinate 8oz of pork belly in root beer over night. i then slow roast in the oven (325) on top of green apples, sea salt, black pepper and a splash of soy sauce. i make larger batches and keep the pork belly in the freezer for quick preparation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob