If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this to go with some chili rubbed grilled shrimp after a visit to the farmers market. The combo of the salty manchego with the cool lime was perfect against the spicy shrimp. It gets a slightly smoky flavor from grilling that enhances sweet flavor of the farm fresh corn. And if you don't have a grill, you can always roast the corn in the oven at 425 degrees. Perfect to go with Spanish or Mexican food! —Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 3 ears corn in the husks
- 1 cup manchego, grated
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Grill the corn in the husks for 15-20 minutes and let cool. You can also roast at 425 as an alternative.
- Remove corn from the cobs and discard cobs (or reserve for another use).
- Saute corn and red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 5 minutes. Add butter and remove from heat once melted.
- Add remaining olive oil, lime zest and juice, honey, and chives. Let cool a few minutes and add manchego. Stir together and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob