If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The whole weekend and three more days of this week I was busy preparing to my granddaughters 20th birthday and got so tired, that I was ready to skip this weeks contest. Then, this morning I decided to make something easy only with things I have in the fridge. Some part of the recipe is inspired by Claire Robinson’s (host of 5 Ingredient Fix). Claire’s recipe calls for fresh white corn only. I made mine with frozen and also added chicken stock for flavor, red bell pepper for color, the jalapeno for some heat and cheese for more creaminess, well and lemon zest just because I like so. —Kukla
• 6 slices smoked bacon
• 1 pound frozen organic sweet yellow corn (thawed)
• 1 pound frozen organic sweet white corn (thawed)
• 1/2 chicken stock
• 1 red bell pepper (roasted and cut in bite-size pieces)
• 1 jalapeno pepper (diced small)
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium- high heat until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- In a blender puree white corn with the chicken stock. Strain thru a fine sift pressing with a wooden spoon to extract as much of the corn milk as possible, discard the solids.
- Heat the skillet with bacon drippings to medium –low and add the yellow kernels and the liquid from the white corn (it should be equal amount kernels and liquid). Add some more chicken stock if needed.
- Season the corn mixture with salt and pepper and cook until creamy, stirring often, about 25to 30 minutes. About 10 minutes before it is ready add the red bell pepper, jalapeno and lemon zest.
- Just before taking of the stove, mix in the cheese. Serve warm or room temperature, crumble the bacon on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob