Author Notes: Inspired after reading the soup and cream corn F52 entries, I thought, why not a refreshing smoothie. The taste of sweet corn with a blend of tropical fruits makes a perfect breakfast or pick me up any other time of day. Hmmm, I am thinking a little Coconut Rum might add a special touch, although I’ve not tried that, yet! —lapadia
Makes: about 5 cups
Note, I used a full fat yogurt and coconut milk
2-1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (3 medium cobs)
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
3/4 cup honey flavor Greek yogurt
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup chunks of pineapple
1 cup chunks of mango
1 small banana
3 tablespoons honey - plus more, if needed after testing for sweetness
2 cups ice
- Shave off the corn kernels - position the cob on the end of a bowl and run a knife down the sides to get all the kernels and its juice.
- Add the vanilla bean - split lengthwise and with the tip of a knife scrape the seeds from the bean into the bowl. Add grated ginger. Place into a blender.
- Add the honey, coconut milk, pineapple, mango, banana and honey. Blend till smooth. Taste for sweetness and add more honey, if needed.
- Add ice cubes and blend.
- Serve in a chilled glass - optional, grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob