I first developed this as a non-alcoholic punch for the funeral of a family friend. Normally I wouldn't have chosen a lemonade punch, but it's what the family wanted. So, I tried to make it work, and I think the result, and the alcoholic version that followed, are a big success. It's light, crisp, and has just the right amount of kick.
Note: The amounts for the alcoholic version I am providing are for an individual cocktail. The step by step instructions explain how to make a full batch. —kevin.townsley
- Makes 1 Recipe
- Non-Alcoholic Punch
Polar Ginger Ale
(1 can) Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
POM Brand Pomegranate Juice
- Alcoholic Variation
Plymouth or New Amsterdam Gin
Rosso Sweet Vermouth
Fresh Lime Juice (about 1 lime quarter)
Lime Wheel for Garnish
- Mix 43.5 ounces of gin, 14.5 ounces of vermouth, 7.25 oz of Campari, and the juice of 7 small limes.
- Add the can of frozen lemonade concentrate, and mix thoroughly.
- Now add the ginger ale and SanPellegrino. Mix gently, you don't want the punch to go flat.
- Now slowly pour in the pomegranate juice, while gently stirring, until the punch is a pleasant pink color.
- Since you want to keep your punch cold I recommend an ice ring filled with half lemon wheels and mint.