If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a warm salad with mixed, ripe heirloom cherry tomatoes, haricot vert and pancetta. The salad cooks in a minimal amount of dressing and is served warm. Its good by itself with some hearty warm bread, you will want to soak up some of the delicious juices or it can accompany meat or fish. - sdebrango —sdebrango
Food52 Review: The haricots verts in this quick salad serve as a great backdrop to sweet heirloom cherry tomatoes and salty pancetta. I made this for a weekend lunch, and the combination of flavors and textures made for a very satisfying midday meal. The vinegar cut through the richness of the pancetta, mixing with the olive oil and tomato juices to create a wonderful dressing that was readily sopped up with a big chunk of bread. This dish is a great way to use late summer farmer's market produce, and a delicious one at that! - forester_lady —duclosbe1
mixed color heirloom cherry tomatoes cut in half
pound haricot vert cleaned and stem side only removed
clove garlic minced
pound pancetta cut into cubes (2 1 inch thick slices)
tablespoon salt (to add to water to cook haricot vert)
- Blanch the haricot vert in a large pot of salted water. Bring water to a boil add at least a tablespoon of salt and add the beans, cook for 5 minutes. While beans are cooking prepare an ice bath you want to add the beans to the ice bath to shock them, remove beans from boiling water and place directly into ice water, this will stop the cooking process and they will retain that beautiful green color. Let your beans get cold then remove to paper towels lay them out in a single layer and pat dry.
- Cut your tomatoes in half, mince the shallot and garlic and chop the panceltta into small cube size pieces.
Putting it all together
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet with the 2 tbs of olive oil, add the shallot cook until just starting to soften, add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan add the pancetta and brown, add the shallot and garlic back into the pan and add the 2 tbs of vinegar. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook just until the tomatoes start to soften and release some of their juices. Now add the haricot vert stir together and let cook for 3-5 more minutes. Adjust seasoning. I found I didn't need additional salt for my taste, but I did add pepper. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes