Author Notes: This was the recipe I made, along with a duck stew, for my parents when Eric and I told them we were getting married. It was a complete Danny Meyer menu and the hospitality worked like a charm. We are still married 16 years later and my sister-in-law requests the hash every Thanksgiving. —luvcookbooks
brussel sprout stalks
tablespoons olive oil
garlic cloves, chopped
tablespoon poppy seeds
cup chicken stock
- Remove sprouts from stalks.
- Halve each sprout and place cut side down on cutting board. Cut length ways into thin ribbons.
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering in a large saute pan. Add the garlic, brussel sprouts and poppy seeds and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock and stir fry for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. The sprouts will still crunch a little, independent of the poppy seeds, and their color will still be bright.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as an accompaniment. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts