Author Notes: Bright and herbal, perfect for a soup and salad night (like tonight!) This is a tasty salad but if you are having soup and salad you might want a lettuce based one too. Now listen - this is a salad, not a wedding cake, so you should taste as you go and adjust the amounts of everything to suit your preference. —aargersi
Serves: a good sized bowl of salad
pound feta cheese broken into largish hunks
1 & 1/2
pints mixed cherry tomatoes
large handful of herbs, mix them up but mint should be well represented - I used spearmint, pineapple mint, lemon thyme and oregano.
cup good olive oil
tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
- Mince the shallot and put it in a big bowl. Add a pinch of salt a couple grinds of pepper and the oil and vinegar. Chop the herbs and stir them in - add the feta and use a spatula and fold this all together gently so you don't break the feta up too much. This is heady stuff and you really want to let it marinate for at least a half an hour so don't get in a hurry.
- Halve the tomatoes. Fold them in. Zest half the lemon in and squeeze half the lemon juice - taste it and decide if you want the rest or not.
- Cover the whole salad and let it rest in the fridge or on countertop for another half hour or so, and you are ready to eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes