I fell in love with grilled flatbread while working at a Tuscan Resaurant while in college. —Carrie's Cookin'
- Serves 2
prepared Pizza dough of your choice
garlic clove, sliced, length wise, very thin
Shredded Fontina cheese
a few dashes
White Truffle oil
Salt and Pepper
In This Recipe
- Heat the grill, Medium to medium high.
- Slice the garlic, very thin lengthwise, like "Goodfellas". Add the garlic to the XVOO
- Half your washed Cherry Tomatoes, liberally Salt and Pepper the cut sides
- Roll out pizza dough to a moderatly thin- roundish shape. Next liberally oil both side of dough with the garlic infused XVOO. Salt and Pepper
- Gather either a light cutting board or a sheet pan, something to catch the dough, when its cooked, and HOT. You'll also need 2 pairs of tongs.
- Now carefully and quickly place dough on the hot grill, pulling on sides of dough to ensure even shape and form. Let dough cook and get grill marks.
- Mark the dough and par cook, on each side
- When dough is grilled and hot remove it using tongs and cutting board. Brush on garlic, XVOO. Sprinkle Fontina Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes.
- Return Flatbread to grill and allow to cook until cheese and tomatoes and warm and melty. Keep an eye on the underside so it doesn't burn
- Remove from heat, top with Arugula Lettuce, sprinkle with Truffle oil, salt and pepper. Cut and enjoy! Yumm! Summer