Author Notes: I fell in love with grilled flatbread while working at a Tuscan Resaurant while in college. —Carrie's Cookin'
prepared Pizza dough of your choice
garlic clove, sliced, length wise, very thin
pints Cherry tomatoes
ounces Shredded Fontina cheese
handful Arugula Lettuce
dashes White Truffle oil
Salt and Pepper
In This Recipe
- Heat the grill, Medium to medium high.
- Slice the garlic, very thin lengthwise, like "Goodfellas". Add the garlic to the XVOO
- Half your washed Cherry Tomatoes, liberally Salt and Pepper the cut sides
- Roll out pizza dough to a moderatly thin- roundish shape. Next liberally oil both side of dough with the garlic infused XVOO. Salt and Pepper
- Gather either a light cutting board or a sheet pan, something to catch the dough, when its cooked, and HOT. You'll also need 2 pairs of tongs.
- Now carefully and quickly place dough on the hot grill, pulling on sides of dough to ensure even shape and form. Let dough cook and get grill marks.
- Mark the dough and par cook, on each side
- When dough is grilled and hot remove it using tongs and cutting board. Brush on garlic, XVOO. Sprinkle Fontina Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes.
- Return Flatbread to grill and allow to cook until cheese and tomatoes and warm and melty. Keep an eye on the underside so it doesn't burn
- Remove from heat, top with Arugula Lettuce, sprinkle with Truffle oil, salt and pepper. Cut and enjoy! Yumm! Summer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes