If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a salad I had at Barbuto, in NYC's West Village. I called a few weeks later to try and get the ingredients but was never called back, so I did my best to replicate. I think mine is even better! I also think, like most savory dishes, one could add some bacon... —wingirl
Serves 6 people as a side dish
- 2 Dozen or so brussel sprouts
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups Freshly grated good quality Pecorino Romano
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Good quality olive oil
- Buy brussel sprouts on the stem, if only because its SO cool
- Remove the butt of the sprouts and dump them into a bowl of the hottest water your sink can make - sort of a faux blanche.
- Drain sprouts and place them and the trimmed scallions into the chute of your cuisinart, which has been affixed with the multi-holed grater that stands tall in the cuisinart. Shred all brussel sprouts and place in salad bowl.
- Toast pinenuts in the toaster oven on low CAREFUL - pinenuts burn easily! Toss with brussel sprouts.
- Grate pecorino (parmesan can be substituted or combined with) in cuisinart with the standard insert. Add to salad bowl.
- Place lemon juice, olive and a pinch of maldon or kosher salt and lots of freshly ground pepper in an old mustard or jam jar and shake vigorously. Toss with salad and serve fairly quickly.