Author Notes: This salad is all about crispy ingredients,crunchy nuts and a light dressing. Asian pears are my favorite ,but just about any pear will work as long as it is very crisp —themissingingredient
Asian Pearl Salad
1 cup shaved fennel
1 cup fennel greens, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and sliced very thinly
1 asian pear , sliced (or any crisp pear)
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pistachios
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup walnut oil
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- Adjust the blade on a benringer or mandoline to the thinest slice and shave the fennel bulb.
- Shave the asian pear and the onion with the same setting.
- Trim tough stems from the fennel fronds and chop the fronds.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl ( the shaved fennel, onion, asian pear and the sliced avocado ) and add all the nuts.
- In a jar, add all the salad dressing ingredients and shake.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss. Don't just pour it all on at once. Add as needed for a light touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens