This jam is fruity and spicy, and is not just reserved for bread! —SLD
- Makes 10 cups
juice of 1
juice of 1
2 cup sterilized jars with tight-fitting lids
In This Recipe
- Peel, quarter and core pears. Cut pears into 1/4 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and lime juice. Mix well.
- Transfer 2 pounds of the pears to a large, deep pot. Set the remaining 1 pound of pears aside.
- Add the sugar, ginger, coriander and 1 1/2 tablespoons pear liqueur to the pot. Stir well, cover, and let stand for three hours.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming the foam as necessary. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining pears and liqueur to the mixture.
- Spoon jam into sterilized jars and secure lids.
- Boil the jars for 30 minutes.
- Allow to Cool
Recipe by: SLD
I am married to a great guy and together we have an amazing daughter. I have always loved to cook and was encouraged by my mother to get creative in the kitchen, and to always have fun. I have enjoyed passing on my love of cooking and baking to my own daughter, who is now a young adult and becoming quite creative in her own kitchen.