Author Notes: One summer, I had a similar version of this salad at sweetgreen in DC every day for lunch. (When I say every day, I seriously mean evvveerrryyyy day) For some bizarre reason theyve taken it off the menu now, but that doesnt stop me from making my own interpretation across the pond! There is something about pears and brie and almonds that screams "oo la la l'amour" ;add that to a nice bed of greens and you have a happy tummy. :) —yella
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoon cider vinegar
tablespoon white wine vinegar
tablespoon maple syrup
salt and pepper, to taste
cups mache / rampon
pears, cored and cubed
cup almonds, toasted ( I prefer almond slivers or slices)
ounces brie, cubed
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine mache, arugula, pears and almonds in a salad bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the vinaigrette to the bowl , taste test. If it is too dry, add some more.
- Toss the salad with the brie and serve (preferably with warm whole wheat bread). Bon app!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears