If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My brother is coming up for a visit in a couple of weeks..I haven't seen him in over two years..and I've been going over some of his favorites from my collection. We'll have a family get-together while he's here so there will be lots of appetizers and good food. I seem to remember that this is one of his favorites which I adapted from a recipe of a good friend and which is always on the appetizer table at Christmas.
The meatballs and sauce can be made ahead and frozen separately for the busy holiday season. Easy, easy to make, but so delicious!! So...grab your toothpicks and spear a few! —inpatskitchen
Serves a crowd
- 3 pounds bulk pork hot sausage
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground dried ginger powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Shape the meat into one inch meatballs and bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, ground ginger, soy sauce and red wine vinegar and heat to boiling. ( At this point you can cool the meatballs and sauce separately and freeze ).
- To serve: Gently heat ( or reheat thawed sauce and meat) the meatballs combined with the sauce until hot in a medium saucepan on top of the stove.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack