This was my first attempt at a butternut squash soup. I've long loved the flavor, but never tried it at home. I saw a few different recipes and came up with this by combining some different ideas and coming up with a super tasty, and healthy, comforting soup for the fall —There'sAlwaysPie
- Serves 8-10
medium butternut squashes
salt and peper to taste
can light coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Cut the squashes in have and remove seeds. Light brush with about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake until soft - about 45 minutes. Use a fork to test the neck of the squash.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sautee onions and carrots in a large pot until starting to soften. Add in curry and salt and pepper and continue to cook until soft.
- When the squash is done, scoop out and add it into onions and carrots and mix together.
- Place squash mixture in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Put squash mixture back into pot and add in coconut milk and chicken broth (you may want to add more broth depending on how thick or thin you like your soup) and mix until well combined.
- Add in tomato paste and mix well.
- Simmer the soup until flavors have combined - about 15 - 20 minutes - and serve!