If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was adapted from a rémoulade recipe in Nigel Slater’s Tender. (I looked at the picture, borrowed the dressing and the bacon, and ran with it). I think there is a nice balance of flavor and texture here, and its colorful too! Next time I might try it with the addition of some golden raisins. - cristinasciarra —Cristina Sciarra
Food52 Review: A very tasty side dish! I loved the crunchiness and freshness of the veggies mixed with the savory flavor of the bacon, and the apples were a great addition. The mustard/creme fraiche dressing with lemon gave it a nice tang. This was a great accompaniment to the smoked chicken we had for dinner. It’s easy to throw together and if you let it sit a bit, the flavors blend very nicely. - There'sAlwaysPie —There'sAlwaysPie
Serves 4 small portions
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 hard, green apple
- 1 head radicchio
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- the juice and zest of 1 medium-sized lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4-5 pieces bacon
- In an oven set to 375°F, cook bacon on a sheet pan until crispy. Remove from oven, and set one a rack over paper towels to drain.
- Peel and wash carrots, parsnip and the apple. Julienne everything using a mandolin at 1/8 inch. Roughly chop radicchio, and then toss everything together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, zest and juice the lemon. Add mustard, crème fraîche, and honey; mix to incorporate. Season to taste.
- With your hands, mix together the dressing with the vegetables. Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces, and scatter across the top.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side