If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year during the holidays I give the gift of baked goods to my friends, co-workers and neighbors. In each gift box I always include several mini loafs and every year I try to come up with something a little different. I have several jars of brandied figs that I made so I thought I would take my favorite banana bread recipe and tweak it to use the brandied figs. I added walnuts (they can be omitted if you have a nut allergy) and spices and the result is a delicious, moist figgy, nutty loaf. If you do not want to use brandied figs poached figs will be fine. —sdebrango
Makes 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup brandied figs chopped and slightly mashed, I added a tsp of the brandy syrup to the figs.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts rough chop
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Chop and mash your figs and set aside. Toast your walnuts and give a rough chop.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy with mixer either hand held or standing using a paddle attachment. Add eggs one at a time beating with each addition. In small mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg and stir to combine. Add the figs, sour cream,vanilla and walnuts stir to combine and put in your loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Tester or toothpick should come out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes turn out onto cooling rack, brush the top of the loaf with some of the fig syrup and cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!