If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Trinicook
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 - 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 - 2 chive (green onion) blades, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery
- ¾ cups chicken broth or water
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute and then add the tomatoes. Let cook for a few minutes just until the tomates begin to soften.
- Add the corn, celery and chives. Mix well and continue cooking for another few minutes. Add the chicken broth or water. Let the vegetables cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the salt, black pepper and worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix. The leaves will wilt quickly. Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.