If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very light, refreshing punch offering a bouquet of coconut, ginger, and lychee that is punctuated with a lively peony garnish made of canned lychee and gari (sushi ginger). This recipe serves 2, but can easily be scaled up for larger parties. —JWC
- 1 cup Coconut water (not coconut cream or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup Ginger ale (diet ginger ale can be used)
- 1/4 cup Syrup from 1 can of lychees
- 1/2 cup Very finely flaked coconut (not shredded coconut)
- 5 Lychees (canned), drained and patted dry
- Gari (sushi ginger), drained and patted dry
- To make punch: Mix together coconut water, ginger ale, and lychee syrup in a small pitcher. Stir well. Pour into rimmed glasses. Add garnish. If desired, sprinkle additional coconut over the top of the drinks.
- To rim glasses: Wipe the rims of glasses using one lychee. Place flaked coconut on a plate or shallow dish and then roll the rims of the glasses in the coconut (as you would rim a glass with salt).
- To make peony garnish: Make small cuts from the open top of a lychee to nearly the bottom, to create separable petals without cutting all the way through. Set aside. Take one whole lychee and stuff the center with 1-2 pieces of gari. Wrap additional leaves of gari around the outside of the lychee. Place gari-wrapped lychee inside the cut lychee. Secure entire peony using a cocktail pick.