If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory sweet pizza uses local ingredients. Tastes like autumn! For more seasonal recipes, visit http://localme.tumblr.com. —Jay Geneske
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1-2 cups homemade pesto (try adding parsley and kale)
- 1 1/2 Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 handful beet greens
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll out dough and place on pizza pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 5 minutes. Slice the sweet potato into thin rounds, place in a bowl, and mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and a few dashes of salt.
- Remove pizza from oven and smooth pesto over crust. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over pesto, and then layer the sweet potato. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven and cook for 10-12 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop beet greens, discarding the thick stems. Add to a pot of boiling water and cook for a few minutes. Drain and towel dry, and add to pizza. Return pan to oven and cook for five minutes, until beet greens start to crisp. For more local food recipes, visit http://localme.tumblr.com