If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade puff pastry combined with chopped chorizo and manchego cheese. The hardest part of this recipe: not eating all the cheese while you're cooking. (So do what I do and buy extra cheese so you can pick while you cook. Self restraint is over-rated.) —Half-Buzzed Hostess
Food52 Review: These puffs are a delightfully simple way to amp up your holiday table. Manchego and chorizo are a classic pairing, and investing in the good Spanish stuff will pay dividends here. To keep the Iberian theme going, consider using a sharp pimenton in lieu of paprika. (Either way, though, be careful to dust the paprika salt lightly over the puffs. A nice, light sprinkle will add a lovely bite that contrasts well with the puffs' pillowy interior; a heavy-handed approach could result in fatal oversalting.) —Kukharka
- 3/4 cup chorizo, finely diced
- 3/4 cup manchego cheese, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine chorizo, cheese, and scallions. Set aside. In a heavy saucepan, bring water, 1/4 tsp. salt, and butter to a boil until butter is melted. Remove from heat and add flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together. Return the saucepan to to medium heat and stir with the wooden spoon until a film develops on the bottom of the pan, about 3 minutes. Transfer dough to an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat the dough for 5 minutes. Stir in the chorizo mixture. Transfer to a pastry bag. Pipe dough into 1-inch balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. While the puffs are cooking, combine paprika and sea salt. Remove puffs from the oven and immediately sprinkle with paprika mixture. Serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack