Author Notes: WHO: Peter Barrett, creator of acookblog.com and a Hudson Valley-based painter and food writer who grows his own food and makes his own ceramic plates.
WHAT: An 8-course extravaganza effortlessly marrying the art of charcuterie and the science of molecular gastronomy.
HOW: Peter spent the two days leading up to Thanksgiving curing, stuffing, sous-videing, clarifying and deep-frying in order to pull off this Charcutepalooza-inspired feast.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Ambitious, clever and brimming with confidence, this post epitomizes the notion of a showstopping finale, delivered with a dose of humor. —Food52
Makes: chicken liver and foie gras crème brulée, miso-cured egg yolk ravioli, bacon tarte tatin, and more
- First, go here to see what this contest is all about: http://www.food52.com/blog/2825
- Next, go read ACookBlog's entry: http://www.acookblog.com/2011/11/gratitude-is-the-attitude.html
- Then, go read his competitor's entry: http://onevanillabean.com/2011/08/15/charcutepalooza-august-challenge-binding-chicken-liver-terrine/
- Then vote! The winner receives a trip to France, among other fabulous grand prize winnings. http://www.food52.com/contests/266_your_best_charcuterie_the_charcutepalooza_grand_prize_challenge
- Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: