Author Notes: Breakfast at my home is usually oatmeal, eggs or Indian breakfast like "idli" or "dosa" "upma" which are savory in nature. One day, my husband asked whether I could make him a single breakfast dish that would include vegetables, eggs, cheese and nuts.
After doing some online research, I decide to use Dorie Greenspan's basic Savory Cake and then add a French-Mediterranean influence by using a combination of cheeses like feta and chevre which go well with olives and the sundried tomatoes.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pan (10" x 5" x 2 3/4")
- Break eggs whisk until fluffy, then add milk, olive oil and mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage