If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, Simple, Simple! My favorite kind of recipe that uses just 5 ingredients and is ready for the spotlight in about 35 minutes for a great dinner.My garden grows immense pillows of soft fragrant sage which I incorporate into recipes whenever I can. —dymnyno
large bone-in chicken breasts
8 or more
fresh sage leaves
tablespoons sage honey (but, any honey can be used if you can't find sage honey)
tablespoon mustard (I used tarragon mustard)
- Gently push your fingers under the skin to loosen it and put the sage leaves under the skin( as many as you like). Flatten out the leaf as you push it under the skin.
- Warm the honey and stir in the mustard to thoroughly mix it together.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Pour the honey-mustard mixture over the chicken and evenly distribute it all over the chicken.
- Pat the ground walnuts over the chicken to make a crust. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Depending on the size of the chicken it may take longer, so check the temperature of the chicken.
- Garnish with sage leaves. To make fried sage leaves, dip the leaves in foamy egg whites and fry in a little olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage