If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my all time favorite pizza! It's got everything I crave- creamy salty blue cheese, tart balsamic vinegar, fresh spinach, and sweet roasted grapes all with the grouded earthyness of sage and walnuts. It's one of our all time favorite winter comfort foods! —lfrancis
Roasted red grapes and balsamic marinated red onions
- 2 cups seedless red table grapes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash red grapes and pat dry. Coat with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast for about 30 minutes tossing half way through.
- slice red onion in half, slice thin. Place sliced red onion in a bowl and add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and toss to coat.
Simple Bechamel and pizza assembly
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 premade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cup mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- roasted red grapes from above
- red onion from above
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- In a heavy skillet rub clove of garlic around pan to infuse garlic flavor into pan. Heat pan and add butter and sage. Cook until butter is melted and browned. Add 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour and season with salt and pepper. After flour mixture has browned add whole milk and whisk until combined and sauce is thick then remove from heat.
- Spread premade pizza dough out on an 11"x17" baking sheet, spread béchamel sauce onto pizza dough. Sprinkle with diced walnuts fresh spinach. Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Arrange onions, grapes, and blue cheese on the pizza. Finish pizza with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-17 mintues or until crust is crisp and cheese turns golden brown
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage