If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a yummy way to get your veggies. This could easily be made into a main dish with the addition of some chicken. —Oops! Were you gonna eat that?
Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine (or "pasted" with some coarse salt)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgn olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small head of red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown or green lentils
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Make the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, combine the garlic, zest, lemon juice, vinegar, honey and oregano. Stir to combine. Add the dijon mustard and olive oil and whisk to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, red peppers, lentils, feta, carrot and onion. Toss to combine.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss to thoroughly coat. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top. Serve immediately.