If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to eat acorn squash during the fall. While it is delicious roasted with just a bit of salt and pepper, it's nice to add a bit of flair every once in a while . . . —Oops! Were you gonna eat that?
- 2 acorn squash, halved, seeded and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Pumpkin pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash wedges with just enough olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash until cooked through and a fork easily pierces the flesh, approximately 45 minutes.
- When the squash has finished cooking, melt the maple syrup and butter together in a small bowl in the microwave. In a large bowl, toss the squash with the melted butter and maple syrup. Serve immediately.