If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Samosa are deep-fried snack served as an appetizer. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 4 to 5
For the stuffing
- 3 medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Peas blanched
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1.5 teaspoons Ginger paste
- 1.5 teaspoons Green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- handfuls Fresh corriander leaves optional
- Handful of Cashews and raisins
For the cover or wrapper
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain seeds
- Oil for deep frying and 2 tbsp for kneading the dough
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- In one bowl take the mashed potatoes and peas, mix in the dry spices, coriander leaves, cashews and raisins. Mix well with a spatula.
- Take a little bit of oil in pan, add cumin seeds let it crackle and add ginger-green chillies paste. Then, add the fennel seeds. Cook it for few seconds.
- Now, take the potatoes mixture and add it to the hot mixture on stove. Mix it well and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove it from heat. Let it cool a little bit before stuffing.
- Take flour, salt, ajwain seeds, ghee, 3 tbsp of oil, and rice flour. Knead dough by adding a little bit of water at a time. Don't knead a soft dough orelse you will find it little difficult to fill in the stuffing.
- Keep the dough for about 15 minutes covered with a damp cloth.
- Now for the stuffing and making samosa - take the dough and divide it into equal portions.
- Roll out rounds with the help of rolling pin and cut the round in half moon.
- Take the sides of the half moon and fold it into a cone sticking the two sides with the help of a little water.
- Once you have cone shaped wrapper , add the stuffing.Do not fill it till up. Leave some space for the wrapper to be folded.
- Now, seal the top portion of cone with water. Seal it very tightly. Press it with your fingers. your samosa should be bale to rest on the widest mouth side when sealed. Finish doing the same process with all the other remaining stuffing and wrappers.
- Take oil in a deep pan on medium high heat. Fry these until golden brown.
- Serve them with tamarind chutney or cilantro chutney with a chilled glass of lassi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes