Author Notes: Who doesn't love guacamole? This is a simple basic recipe but a little twist. I really like the extra lime taste in my Guacamole and I have used pepita seeds to enhance it and give it a slight crunchy texture. Hope you like it! —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 1 bowl serves 2 to 3 people
- 2 Hass Avocados , mashed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeño chili, chopped
- 1 Small tomato chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
- pinches Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 Lime
- 2/3 tablespoon Pepitas
- 1 tablespoon Orange juice ( totally optional)
- handfuls Parsley leaves or cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cut and deseed the avocado and mash it either by hands or in a ziploc bag. Add, half of the juice from the lime.
- Add, chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions, jalapeño , salt, cumin powder, pepitas (leave some seeds for garnishing) and another remaining lime juice and orange juice. Mix well with avocados.
- Finally, add cilantro leaves. And, sprinkle cayenne pepper and some pepitas! Serve it with some chips!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados